8 practical tips
Economy between the Alb and Lake Constance
Managing directors and the whole company
Tips for success
- The crisis harbors the desire for change and the creation of values. Use this attitude with your employees (addendum: 05.06.2020: The Corona pandemic and the shutdown also show us that it is important to talk about values!)
- More and more often, work is seen not only as the fulfillment of duties, but as the fulfillment of one’s own motivation and goals – align your personnel management accordingly
- Communicate consistently and openly – that makes you credible and creates trust
- Use the crisis for further training and personnel development – this clears the way for the success of your company.
- Define exactly the goal and target group for training programs: What do you want to achieve? And with which employees?
- When choosing the right training concept, consider that what you have learned can also be used in your daily work.
- Pay attention not only to the content of your training measures, but also to the methods: „Learning by doing“ promises more success than just a lecture.
- Create incentives to get your employees excited about further training – it does not always have to be of a material nature. A new leadership style can also be an incentive.
Ursula Hesselmann started her own business as a management consultant in Heiligenberg in June 2008 after 25 years of professional activity, most recently 15 years in the automotive supplier industry.
You can find these 8 practical tips in the above-mentioned IHK magazine in the September 2009 issue.