- … helps you to get to know your own personality better
- … can show why leadership is sometimes so difficult
- … opens an AHA effect in us and sometimes moves us to tears
- … lets us clean up our past and make peace with it
- … shows us the pitfalls that we would not otherwise have seen
- … makes you aware of why everything is often different under pressure
- … is not a manipulation technique or a fad
Transactional analysis originally comes from psychology and is intended to help people handle professionally with private and business relationships.
All social connections are called transactions. It determines which part of the complex personality dominates and what we took with us from our childhood. This means that the transaction analysis reveals the personality concept and the communication concept that has arisen from it.
There are three personality areas:
- The parent-self encompasses your first 5-6 years of life. Here you can see what you accepted from your environment in your childhood. Or you realize what was forced upon you. You save that in yourself. It is often the case that we have these learned behaviors anchored deep in our subconscious. 🤨🤔
Therefore, we often do not perceive this behavior ourselves, but our environment does!
- The childhood ego shows what we experienced, felt, and understood from our childhood. In this way you can see, for example, how your reactions to the parent self were. So, in a nutshell, what your reactions were to your parents ‚behavior
- The adult-self arises when you realize that you can control your behavior from your own consciousness. So, when you start working on yourself. Only then does your adult-self grow and develop
The transaction analysis shows when I am one’s own worst enemy and shows why I am the way I am.
It is a method by which people are stimulated to have a good look with their own behavior. It encourages you to tackle with yourself critically and objectively.
I like to use TA, also known for short, in topics related to personality, communication, coaching and leadership. Especially gladly here, because a manager can only lead well if he is familiar with himself and within himself!